VSA Minnesota is known throughout the state for its expertise about and advocacy for accessibility to the arts by people with disabilities.
Some services include:
For Individuals with Disabilities
- An Accessible Arts Calendar of performances and events including ASL interpreting, audio description, captioning or other services, as well as arts events involving artists with disabilities;
- Information about accessibility features at arts venues such as ramps, elevators and drop-off areas;
- Contacts for promoting your art or networking with other artists, venues, mentors, etc.;
- Assistance in dealing with an access issue at a particular arts venue.
In addition, VSA Minnesota conducts workshops for arts organizations in the areas of arts accessibility and regularly shares information about its granting programs for selected Minnesota arts organizations.
For Minnesota Arts Administrators
- Contact information for theatrical ASL interpreters and audio describers;
- Information on how to develop or update an organization’s Access Plan.
- Assistance in submitting an ADA Access Improvement Grant.
- A variety of “best practices” resources and contacts locally and nationally.
Got a question about disability-related access to the arts? Contact VSA Minnesota’s Accessibility & Grants Coordinator, Jon Skaalen, email@example.com.